Friday 18 November 2011

humidity and organisms

Things took a plunge this week as I come face to face with reality. I thought everything was going smoothly, at least for the state of my room. I thought most of the things were in place and I am ready to welcome someone special. I am nowhere near my illusion. My bubble burst when I saw what was happening (or growing) behind my bookshelf. I was utterly shocked and disgusted. Things just went downhill from there. I have been greeted by at least a rude revelation everyday.

In a nutshell, most of my plans backfired. My room is in a disgusting mess and probably toxic as well. It is nothing like how I have imagined (clean, welcoming, pleasant, warm, cozy). It smells like bleach (which only ruined the carpet). Once that goes away, I am expecting the musky smell to come back and linger until the landlady finally gets going. Yes, I can always build it up again... but it is heartbreaking to see all my efforts come crashing down like that.

It is a very tough lesson learnt (or to learn). I do wish that I prevented it/ noticed it earlier and kept it under control before it reached this stage. However, I am thankful that I still have time to adjust and make best of whatever I have now. Please be nice!

:)